I’m kind of freaky with my grilled cheese.
Not only do I pour enough garlic powder on it to feed an army, but I also dip each bite in — in Chick-fil-A sauce. Very generously. As in, like, so much sauce the sandwich itself is buried under the golden mustard-y goodness.
I don’t know why I feel embarrassed saying that. It’s amazing.
Anyways, I thought that everyone needs a little amped up grilled cheese in their life, so why not share some variations on this classic dish? (besides the Chick-fil-A one, that’s a freebie. Aren’t I sweet?)
- Tomato slices, chives, and sourdough bread – holy moly, that is beautiful!
- Sauteed garlic and grilled onions – for the sophisticated grilled cheese eater.
- Basil pesto – smear it on as thick as you want. It’s delicious.
- Deli meats – they’re just salty enough, just meaty enough…I could eat my grilled cheese like this any day.
- Bacon – ‘nuf said.
- Potato chips – oh my goodness! Why didn’t I think of this before? I’ve been deprived of this combo my whole life.
- Bacon, lettuce, and avocado – I think a unicorn just met a rainbow and had a kid. Sorry, that sounds way scarier than I meant it to sound. 🙂
- Brussel sprouts – way to get those extra greens in!
I hope your childhood fantasies of somehow making grilled cheese better have been fulfilled. Another thing to check off the bucket list.
What’s your favorite way to do grilled cheese?